Tuesday, August 29, 2006
Thursday, August 24, 2006
Kong Busting Technique Instructional Videos
Since my tag post, I've been getting a flood of emails asking me to demonstrate in detail my patented Kong Busting Techique. I feel it would be best to share my wealth of knowledge with fellow canines who's owners think we should "work" for our food. Don't they know we canines are entitled to these treats without the obstacle of a rubberized exterior?
It's simple really. Just click on the following instructional videos and read along.
First: Find a good corner to lodge/wedge the Kong so it doesn't roll around. Face the large opening towards you and start licking vigorously until treat is practically soggy --You may want to take a water break if you run out of saliva... unsurprisingly I never have that problem.
Second: Repeatedly pickup and drop the Kong to agitate the tasty soggy morsel inside until it slides out of the Kong.
There you have it folks-- good luck in your Kong Busting endeavors.
Wednesday, August 23, 2006
I can really relate to the latest movie, 'Couch Rookie'. Know what I mean?
Wednesday, August 16, 2006
Tag, I'm it.
First, I'm supposed to repeat the 'rules':
The player of this game starts with "5 weird things/habits about yourself." Then you tag 5 friends and list their names. The furries who get tagged need to write on their blogs about their 5 weird things/habits, as well as state this rule clearly, then tag 5 more victims. Don't forget to leave your victim a comment that says "you're tagged!" in their comments and tell them to read your blog.
Now for the good stuff:
1) My Nightly Suck: Every night, I have to suck on one of my plushy toys. I picked up this habit when I was very young and refuse to give it up. Sometimes, I make my parents sit on the floor with me while I do this. If they refuse, I get annoying and cranky until they cave.
2) My Kong Busting Technique: I've got a Kong dog toy. Kong dog toys have hollow spaces where your folks put treats in. Then, you're supposed to chew on the dang thing until your jaw falls off or the treat breaks up into pieces small enough to fall out. Well... I got this one licked. What I do is push the Kong toy into a corner or up against a wall so it doesn't roll around so much. Then I grab it with my paws and turn it so I can see inside the treat cavity. Then I fish for the treat with my tongue, occasionally looking in to check the position of the treat. After about 10 or 15 minutes, the treat should be sufficiently soggy to proceed to the last step which is to pick up the Kong and throw it or drop it over and over again until the entire treat pops out! Works every time! :P
3) My Dinner Bell: I know when my parents are getting ready to serve me dinner because of the sound that my food dish makes when they handle it. There's no better sound than the sound of kibble ringing into my dish. Mmmmm... makes me drool just thinking about it. Anyhow, when I hear the sound of my dish being handled I automatically trot into my crate (that's where my food gets served) and sit and wait. That way, I save a few precious seconds.
4) My Bed-Time Routine: Just about every night, after my nightly toy suck, I pass out on the living room floor - preferably, between or leaning up against my mom or dads legs (since I likely bothered them till they gave up the couch - where I'm not allowed to go). Anyhow, when they get up and turn off the T.V. I know that it's really time to go to bed. So I get up and head to my crate. Once there, I have to dig up my bed in a special way that gives me a pillow to rest my head on at one end and a cozy pit to snuggle into at the other. Then, my mom or dad has to give me an ice chunk or two (don't you hate waking up with a dry mouth?). Then I tell them to close the flap to my bunker and hit the lights. Of course, if its done wrong - I have to start all over.
5) My Reflexive Air-Licking: This one is kinda embarrassing... but what the Hell. Bullies have tail-pockets, that is... well, we have, like, an arm-pit under our tails. Anyhow, it gets dirty from... well, you know... and from time to time it needs to be cleaned. So when my tail-pocket is being cleaned - I just can't help it - I fanatically lick the air as if my face was burred in an invisible mountain of Frosty Paws.
I tag: Francois, Thomas Peterson, Cyrus The Great, Waldo & Nestle, and Joe Stains or Dufus-Face.
Sunday, August 13, 2006
Surf, Sand and Celebrity sightings...
At first I wasn't sure if it was really him and so I "checked his I.D" to confirm it was really him. He was gracious enough to pose with me for a photo but as you can see I was too concerned about being late for the seminar.
The seminar proved educational for the ARF recruits and as you can tell we all had fun too. We were trained matadors taunting those waves.
Check out the photos!
Wednesday, August 02, 2006
Canine + Ninja = CaNinja
Not sure? Then this informative video might help answer some of your questions.